Parents are their Children's first teachers and as such they play a vital
role in their education and development.
Here are a few Resources for Young Teens:
U.S. Department of Education:
The Parents Portal: http://www.ed.gov/parents/landing.jhtml
Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools:
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development: http://www.nichd.nih.gov
Teens need someone to talk to: http://www.stayteen.org
Parents there are many ways that you can help your children:
1. Be involved at their school.
2. Make sure that you set aside regular times for homework.
3. Visit the Library often.
4. Make sure there are lots of age appropriate reading material at home.
5. Build your childs self confidence by being supportive.
6. Set the standards high but make them realistic.
7. Make sure they know you value education.
8. Lots of Love and Patience.
9. Be a good role model.
10. Be alert to friendships, internet, and major problems.
"A hug and a helping hand can work miracles"